DESIGNATION: TF, followed by rider number.
click here Points System & Calculations to see how points are scored
This class will be a points class at all Manufacturer’s Cup events.
It will be the rider’s responsibility to monitor his or her points earnings after every event. All requests for points adjustments must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org within thirty days of the points posting for the event in question on all events EXCEPT the Finals. For the Finals ONLY, all requests for points adjustments, again, must be made in writing to email@example.com and within TEN days of the points being posted. Please understand the Man Cup will strive to keep the points tabulations for all classes accurately and correctly and we do hope by you monitoring your own points earnings that any errors or miscalculations can be corrected in a timely fashion.
The Top Fuel class is the pinnacle of motorcycle drag racing performance. Top Fuel is currently reserved for the quickest and fastest motorcycles in competition.
- Traditional Top Fuel motorcycles with supercharged engines using mechanical or electronic fuel injection and up to 100% nitromethane fuel.
- Non-traditional Top Fuel motorcycles with turbocharged engines using mechanical or electronic fuel injection and up to 50% nitromethane fuel.
- Top Fuel Twin motorcycles with injected or supercharged engines using mechanical or electronic fuel injection and up to 100% nitromethane fuel.
- Transcontinental entries that have actively participated in Top Fuel an accepted (FIM / ACU – Europe and ANDRA – Australia) Top Fuel category within the last 18 months. These International entries will be subject to their own governing bodies Top Fuel class eligibility primarily and ManCup class rules secondarily.
- Top Fuel – Traditional: NONE
- Top Fuel – Turbo: Rider and entry both must have a time slip in Man Cup competition or Man Cup testing at under 6.40 seconds 1/4 mile and/or 4.09 seconds 1/8 mile within the last calendar year’s time.
- Top Fuel – Twin: NONE
- Top Fuel – Transcontinental: NONE
ManCup has no licensing requirements for Top Fuel. Any rider new to Man Cup competition may be subject to initially running single passes for safety reasons. Any rider deemed unsafe for competition by the event director may be subject to removal from the field and required to make single passes only until deemed safe for competition.
An onboard data collection device is strongly encouraged on all entries.
The entire fuel system including the fuel pressure gauge and pressure transducers should be assembled using braided stainless-steel lines and done in a professional manner. Man Cup reserves the right to exclude an entry if the fuel system is not deemed to be safe for competition. A positive action handlebar-mounted and spring-loaded fuel safety shut-off switch with an emergency lanyard attached to the rider is required on all nitromethane-powered machines. It is suggested the lanyard connection to the rider be on the opposite side of the blower intake. All Top Fuel entries must have an external means to turn off the fuel while the body is on the bike and the rider is in the seated position.
Minimum wheelbase 79.00” and no maximum wheelbase.
The minimum weight is 675 combo bike and rider. No maximum weight.
There are no specific bodywork requirements. The primary purpose on Top Fuel bodywork is for aerodynamic efficiency and rider safety. Rear fenders are recommended to extend at least a minimum of 50% of rear tire diameter beyond the rear axle centerline. Rider seating area is recommended to be of fabric or be of anti-skid texture for rider safety. ManCup reserves the right to exclude an entry if the bodywork is deemed to be unsafe for competition.
The minimum rear slick width is 10.00” and the maximum is 14.00”
- Nitro: Refer to fuel system A positive action handlebar-mounted and spring-loaded fuel safety shut-off switch with an emergency lanyard attached to the rider is required on all nitromethane powered machines.
- All others: A rider-attached emergency lanyard is required. When the lanyard is pulled, both the fuel pump and the ignition system will be disarmed.